Arrived in stores a few days ago Borderlands 3: Ultimate Edition, a port of Gearbox’s looter shooter created exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. So how does this compare to the Microsoft and Sony console versions? The answer to this question is a video comparison It was created with the PS5 version of GameXPlain, which you can view in the player below.
A few were needed, as we might see on Nintendo Switch compromisesStarting with resolution, move on to texture quality, ambient occlusion, shading, draw distance, lighting, particles and much more. But considering we’re talking about portable hardware, the result looks good overall, thanks to the distinctive graphical style of the Borderlands series.
Another difference is the frame rate, which is clearly lower in the Nintendo Switch version compared to the PS5. In this context, according to analysis by SwitchUp, Borderlands 3 on Nintendo Switch offers an unlocked frame rate targeting 60 fps, and the average is generally 45 – 55 fps.
Borderlands 3 and all DLCs on Switch too
Borderlands 3: Ultimate Edition is available on Switch for: 59.99 euros. In addition to the base game, it includes all previously released DLCs and bonuses for other versions, as well as some extras. Especially:
- Borderlands 3 base game
- Handsome Jackpot from Moxxi
- Guns, Love and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright and Hammerlock
- Blood Reward
- Psycho Krieg and the Fantasy Fustercluck
- Designer’s Cut add-on featuring the all-new “Arms Race” mode and an additional skill system for each Vault Hunter
- Director’s Cut add-on with over 30 cosmetic items including a raid boss, new quests, and three Vault Cards